FEBRUARY 2022 JYH BOARD UPDATE
On Tuesday, February 8th, 2022 the JYH Board met for our monthly meeting. Below are several announcements and upcoming events that the JYH Board would like the membership to know.
- Try Hockey for Free: On Saturday, February 12th, 2022 from 11 am to 12:30 pm, JYH will be hosting a Try Hockey for Free event. Currently, we have nearly 70 skaters signed up for the event. We still need some volunteers to help with this event. We especially need On Ice Helpers. If you are able to help with the event, please go onto SportsEngine and sign up via DIBS. Regardless if you have 50% of your DIBS hours completed for the season, it is still expected that all JYH families have a zero-balance moving into next year.
- John Mauermann Tribute Night: On Saturday, February 12th, 2022 the Janesville Bluebirds face off against the Beloit Memorial Knights. The game time is 3:00 pm. There will be a short tribute to Coach Mauermann as well as a fundraiser for the Rock County Cancer Coalition. There will be a 50/50 raffle and Chuck-a-Puck event. All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Rock County Cancer Coalition. Please come down to the rink for a good cause, a good game, and a great coach.
- Mike Holley Memorial Jets Game: On Friday, February 18th, 2022 the Janesville Jets will be remembering Mike Holley. The Jets host the Springfield Jr. Blues at 7:00 pm. There will be a Jets Jersey raffle and a 50/50 raffle. All money from the raffles and beer garden tips will be donated to the Mike Holley Memorial Fund. The first intermission will feature some JYH Peewee’s squaring off for some hockey. Come on down to the rink for a good cause and some good hockey.
- Janesville Jets host Janesville Youth Hockey Night: On Saturday, February 19th, 2022 the Janesville Jets will be hosting Janesville Youth Hockey Night. Any spectator wearing a JYH logo on their clothing will get into the game for free! JYH 6U skaters will be playing at the first intermission and JYH 8U skaters will be playing at the second intermission. Following the game, the Janesville Jets will be hosting “Skate with the Jets”. If anyone is interested in skating with the Jets, please bring your skates to the game. Remember, anyone, wearing a JYH logo will get into the game for free!
- DIBS Hours: Thank you to everyone who completed their volunteer hours for the 2021-22 season. A large portion of the club membership still has some volunteer hours on the books. Remember that it is a Standing Rule that all uncompleted volunteer hours will be billed at a rate as established by the Board ($20 per hour) and shall be due before the next hockey session begins. If you do not want a bill at the end of the year for your remaining volunteer hours, I would suggest you check out the website for upcoming volunteer opportunities. A spreadsheet will be emailed soon to all members who have hours on the book. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
- Squirt C State Tournament: On March 5th and 6th, 2022 the Janesville Youth Hockey Club will host the Squirt 2C State Tournament. Volunteer opportunities have been posted on SportsEngine. This is another opportunity to volunteer to help with a great tournament. Please sign up via DIBS on SportsEngine for the State Tournament.
- Aaron Burdick: The JYH Board visited with prospective Janesville City Council candidate Aaron Burdick. Aaron wanted to meet the JYH Board and get the Board’s perspective on the new Janesville Indoor Sports Complex. Aaron is a big supporter of youth sports and a supporter of the new indoor sports complex.
- JYH Board Candidates and Elections: If you are interested in running for JYH Board, please send a brief bio and picture to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in running for Board. JYH Board terms are for three years. Currently, there are three spots up for election. JYH VP Dan Jensen and JYH Secretary Shawn Kane have indicated that they will seek re-election. If you have any questions about the board, please reach out to any JYH Board member.
- Spring/Summer Hockey Schedule: On Monday, February 14th, 2022 the Spring/Summer Hockey registration will be posted. Please check out the website as well as Facebook for dates, times, and prices of Spring/Summer Hockey.
- Prospective Referees: If you have not already indicated that you or your child are interested in becoming a referee, please let me know. Currently, the JYH Board is looking into hosting a Level 1 referee clinic over the summer. Check out the below link to start getting ready to referee.