What: Try hockey for free! We’ll provide skates and equipment; you bring a positive attitude and a smile!
Please Bring: A pair of winter gloves and a bicycle/sports helmet in the event of a large turnout, as we have limited equipment. Please have your child dress in sweatpants and a comfortable long sleeve shirt.
Why? Hockey creates lifelong friendships, a physical outlet for children, and a sense of confidence and responsibility. Come learn what hockey is all about!
The dates are set for Skills & Drills as well as evaluations. Be sure to mark you calendars. Practices start Saturday, Oct 12
We have two weeks of Skills & Drills Monday through Thursday.
Sept 23 - 26 and Sept 30 - Oct 3.
Monday's & Wednesday's
Tuesday's & Thursdays
|5-6 PM - 8U Mites & 8U Girls
6:10-7:10 PM - SQUIRTS & 10U Girls
7:20-8:40 PM - PeeWees & 12U/14U Girls
8:50-10 PM Bantams
5:30-6:20 PM - 8U Mites & 8U Girls
6:30-7:20 PM - Squirts & 10U Girls
Scrimmage attendance is voluntary
5:40-6:40 PM - Squirts/10U Girls Scrimmage
6:50-7:50 PM - PeeWee/12U & 14U Girls Scrimmage
8-9 PM - Bantam Scrimmage
5:25-6:35 PM - Squirts Evaluations
6:45-8 PM - PeeWee Evaluations
8:10-9:30 PM - Bantam Evaluations
5:30-6:30 PM - 8U Mites & 8U Girls Skills and Drills
6:40-7:55 PM - PeeWee Invite
5:25-6:10 PM - 8U Mite Evaluations
|Squirts 5:25-6:35||Squirts 5:25-6:35||Squirts 5:25-6:35|
|Peewee 6:45-8:00||Peewee 6:45-8:00||Peewee 6:45-8:00||
12U/14U Girls 6:40-7:55
|Bantam 8:10-9:30||Bantam 8:10-9:30||Bantam 8:10-9:30||Peewee call back if
The principal goal of Janesville Youth Hockey is to provide a fair, transparent and competitive tryout process that will provide your skater the best opportunity to display their abilities and determine which JYH Team is the best fit for the player.
Evaluators will not have any association with the level they are evaluating with the exception of the bantam level. Each evaluator has a wealth of hockey knowledge and experience. Please be respectful of them.
The Tryout committee is responsible for selecting the best team for all three age levels. The committee will use a combination of evaluation results, prior coaching evaluations and personal knowledge of the player.
1. Each player will need to check in on Monday and receive a Tryout Number/Penny. Pennies will be kept by the players throughout the process and turned in at the end of tryouts.
2. Please arrive at the rink 30 minutes prior to tryout time on Monday for check in.
3. Players must wear generic jerseys. No player names on the back or AAA team names. JYH socks, practice jerseys are acceptable.
4. Only HDC members or those assigned by HDC will be allowed on the bench
5. Parents are allowed to watch tryouts from the first section of the bleachers. Parents will not be allowed on the bench at any time. Remember, this is not the time to coach, cheer, talk to or yell at your player. Parents will be asked to leave the rink if this occurs.
6. If your player is not able to attend any day of the tryouts, please contact the tryout coordinator, Jeff Schnell.
Team assignments will be posted on JYH website October 11th by 10:00 pm
Each Team is required to operate the concession stand during practices. Below are the dates and families assigned for our Team.