JYH Parent Code of Conduct
- I will encourage and demand that my son/daughter treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, color, creed, sex, or ability, and will treat all players, coaches, other parents and officials with dignity and respect in language, attitude, behavior and mannerisms.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship through my actions by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game or practice.
- I will, at all times, refrain from using profanity and discourage its use by team members, parents and spectators.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices unless I am a registered team coach.
- I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will teach my son/daughter to play by the rules and resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with the athletes to provide a positive experience for all.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol and tobacco-free environment for my athlete, and agree to assist by refraining from their use at JYH events.
- I will hold any discussion of disagreement with the coach first, in an appropriate manner, out of the presence of layers, parents, or spectators.
- I will respect the property and equipment used at the Janesville Ice Arena and at rinks where JYH teams play their games.
- I will remember the game is for the athletes and not for the parents.
- I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of USA Hockey.
- I agree that I will not engage in offensive behavior that is designed to embarrass, harass or otherwise cause harm to another player, coach, family member or the public.
- I agree to disclose information about my prior conduct and actions that have resulted in my designation as a sex offender under applicable laws and refrain from such conduct at all times.
- I agree and acknowledge that if I fail to abide by these rules and guidelines, I may be subject to disciplinary action.
- I agree to support and promote teamwork, effort, skill development, character, sportsmanship and a safe, positive environment.
Click the delete icon again to confirm. Click escape to cancel.